Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Family Photo Baking Contest

This Past Christmas we had a family get together. I am the cake maker/decorator in the family so I made a cake. I used a 3D Bear Pan I got on sale, and made a vanilla cake with buttercream icing. I brought the cake to the party, and put it on the table. While I was standing there my aunt went up and grabbed my cake to move it she though it was one of the kids toys luckily it was not ruined. This cake was a huge success, and seeing people enjoy the work I do (and I am not a professional) makes me happy.
Here is the cake recipe:
2 1/2 cups cake flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
4 extra large eggs
1 cup whole milk
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buttercream Icing:
1 cup white vegetable shortening
1 lb approx 4 cups powdered sugar
1 tbs Meringue powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbs water



                                           This is my entry to the Hotpoint family baking competition
   http://themomreviews.com/2012/01/11/100-giveaway-family-baking-photo-contest.html#comment-56008

No comments:

Post a Comment